We have made a decision to extend the restrictions for a week. With one exception: kindergartens and nurseries, which will be opened next Monday. We are also restoring the possibility of sport and competition in the open air, in groups of up to 25 people – announced the Minister of Health, Adam Niedzielski.
Restrictions in Poland. A list of changes:
- Hotels – accommodation facilities remain closed until May 3 inclusive. The exceptions are, among others workers’ hotels, as well as accommodation provided as part of some business trips – e.g. medics, drivers performing road transport or soldiers. The exact catalog of exceptions along with the required confirmation of a business trip will be included in the regulation.
- Nurseries and kindergartens – open from April 19 for all children.
- Sport – the activities of sports facilities are still limited to professional sports only. All events can take place without the participation of the public. Closed are, among others gyms, fitness clubs, ski slopes, swimming pools, saunas and solariums. From April 19, we allow children and adolescents to participate in sports competitions conducted by the relevant Polish sports association. We also agree to play sports in outdoor sports facilities – a limit of up to 25 people.
- Trade – Large furniture and construction stores with an area of more than 2,000 m2 will remain closed. Shopping centers and malls – as at present – remain closed, with the exception of: grocery stores, pharmacies and drugstores, press salons, bookstores. In commercial establishments at the market or post office, there are limits to people: 1 person per 15 m2 – in shops up to 100 m2, 1 person per 20 m2 – in shops over 100 m2.
- Religious worship – there is a limit of people in places of religious worship – there must be 20 m2 per 1 person. The obligation to cover the mouth and nose and keep 1.5 m away from other people remains unchanged.
- Hairdressing and beauty salons – remain closed.
- Education – students of all grades of primary schools, secondary schools, students of continuing education institutions and vocational training centers learn remotely.
- Culture – theaters, cinemas, museums and art galleries are still closed.
These decisions are aimed at minimizing the burden on hospital infrastructure, especially on the ventilator infrastructure – explained the head of the Ministry of Health.
– If we think about easing the restrictions, then taking into account the regionalization of the restrictions. The regions most affected today are Silesia, Małopolska, and Lower Silesia. At the other extreme there is, for example, the Warmińsko-Mazurskie, Podlaskie and Lubelskie voivodships. We have adopted a criterion, for the time being working, for the number of infections in voivodships below 30 per 100 thousand. – added.
The Ministry of Health reported 21,286 new cases of covid-19 infections in the last 24 hours. – This growth is a dynamics of 43 percent. in the case of execution of nearly 100 thousand tests. Two weeks ago, this result was 33 thousand. In the longer term, this tendency is declining, while the disturbance observed in the last days results from the fact that a week ago was Christmas – said Minister Adam Niedzielski.
– It can be assumed that we had the peak of the Third Wave cases in the last weeks. Now this wave is sweeping through hospitals – said the head of the Ministry of Health. 75.71 percent of hospitals are occupied. beds and 78.94 percent. ventilators for covid patients.