The Biedronka network will be the first in Poland to sell a certified test for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies from Monday, March 15. Produced by the Swiss PRIMA Lab, the test is accurate to over 98 percent. It can be made at home.
- After the COVID-19 tests appeared on sale in German discount stores, now the largest discount chain in Poland has decided to take a similar step
- Biedronka will offer a SARS-CoV-2 antibody test – it does not detect whether we are currently sick with COVID-19, but whether we have antibodies, which may mean that we have had the disease in the past
- The customer may purchase a maximum of three Primacovid tests at Biedronka at a time
- One test piece costs PLN 49.99 in the discount chain
- The Primacovid test is a so-called serological test. This means that it can detect whether the test person has developed IgG and IgM antibodies against the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. The test is simple to use: a small blood sample is used for the test, and the waiting time for the result is only about 10 minutes. The most important thing, however, is that it is a safe, tested product of a reputable company. The manufacturer, the Swiss PRIMA Lab, is a company certified in accordance with ISO 9001: 2015 and ISO 13485: 2016, and the test itself is a certified medical device (CE certificate). Its accuracy is 98.3%.
Sold from Monday, March 15 this year. Until the stocks are exhausted, the test will cost PLN 49.99 per piece in Biedronka, so it is a competitive price compared to that of Polish laboratories.
– From the very beginning, Biedronka’s mission has been to provide buyers with access to goods that are important to them, always at low prices. It concerns not only food products, but also those that will allow you to meet important psychological needs and increase safety. One of them is certainly the Primacovid test. We are introducing it to the market as the first retail chain in Poland , also because, as a market leader, it is part of our social responsibilit
Test – who can do it and what does it detect?
Important information for buyers is that the manufacturer of Primacovid recommends that in the event of a positive result for the presence of IgG and / or IgM antibodies, immediately contact a doctor and report this result. In case of a negative result, if there are symptoms attributable to COVID-19, you should also see your doctor.
The test can be performed by anyone who has had or suspects that they have had contact with people who are infected or with people with COVID-19 symptoms, or just anyone who wants to be aware of whether they have had an infection.
It is also worth knowing that by the decision of the Biedronka network, one customer may purchase a maximum of three Primacovid tests at a time.