October 02, the world celebrates the 152nd birth anniversary of Gandhi Ji, also known as the Gandhi Jayanthi, observed every year to celebrate the ideas of non-violence and unity promoted by Gandhi Ji. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was ‘Mahatma’ not just for Indians, but the rest of the world too. This day is also declared as Non-Violence Day by The United Nation. “Gandhi may die, but Gandhism shall continue forever”. Let’s remember his principle through a few of his famous quotes on this day.
- Non-Violence – “Non-violence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind.”
- Live and Learn – “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
- Truth and Honesty – Gandhiji showed us that truth alone triumphs and this is evident from his life story Gandhi and the Kettle.
- Mindfulness – “You must be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
- Forgiveness – “An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.”
HAPPY GANDHI JAYANTHI