“WARM WELCOME TO THE COLD OCTOBER”
As per the Anglo-Saxons, October was called Winterfylleth, meaning “Beginning of winter”. October in Polish is Październik, the coldest month since May in Poland and significantly cooler than September, with an average temperature of 9°C. Along with the dropping temperatures, the beautiful scenery in autumn still makes this month special.
Here we provide the list of events and fun activities in October.
Hope it helps to plan for the month.
- Animals’ Day: Dzień Zwierząt, in schools there are various contests and celebrations carried out to create awareness to improve the status of the animals to improve welfare standards around the globe.
- Horse Racing: Wyścigi konne- One of the leading sporting activities in Wroclaw in terms of popularity. “10 Racing day” Free Entry
- Navratri Celebration: Indian dance festival by Mr India Restaurant, Dot n Pixels & Razvi Events – OSiR Polna, Warsaw Navratri tickets
- Navratri: Indian Dance festival by Razvi Events – Hala Czyzyny –Centrum Sportu, Krakow Navratri tickets
- Time for Toys – Warsaw Toys and kids Expo in Warsaw Warsaw-toyskids-expo
- Teachers Day (Dzień Nauczyciela): Officially called the National Education Day(Dzień Edukacji Narodowej), is celebrated on October 14 in Poland. The schools organize formal assemblies to honor the teachers. Don’t forget the flowers and goodies for your teachers.
- Navratri: Indian dance festival by Razvi Events – Wroclawskie centrum Tanca, Wroclaw Navratri tickets
- The biggest Zoological & Veterinary Fair of East-Central Europe | October 15 -17 Animals day tickets
- Horse Racing: Wyścigi konne- One of the leading sporting activities in Wroclaw in terms of popularity. “Crystal Cup” Free Entry
- Halloween: Time to look for Pumpkins around Poland. Children in Poland dress up in Halloween costumes to schools and travel from house to house playing trick or treat. Restaurants and bars organize various events for adults too.
- Time change: zmiana czasu- We switch back to regular time on the last Sunday of October, ending Summer Time. On 31st October, the clocks are turned backward one hour to 02:00 at 3:00 am on Monday, so that we get 60 minutes of extra sleep.
OCTOBER – DECEMBER
- The Body Worlds exhibition in Wrocław is now open. The exhibition consisting of 150 real human bodies can already be seen in the IASE Hall at ul. Wystawowa 1. Body Worlds Tickets