In the third ISSF World Cup, Team India claimed gold medals in the men’s and Women’s 10m air pistol team event. In the women’s section, Yashaswini Singh Deswal, Manu Bhaker and Shri Nivetha shot 16 in the gold-medal round, leaving behind Poland’s Julita Borek, Joanna Iwona Wawrzonowska and Agnieszka Korejwo, who managed eight. In the first qualification, the Indians collected 1,731 while Poland managed 1,701.
Meanwhile, Saurabh Chaudhary, Abhishek Verma and Shahzar Rizvi shot 17 in the gold-medal round, leaving behind Vietnam’s Dinh Thanh Nguyen, Quoc Cuong Tran and Xuan Chuyen Phan, who managed eight. The Indian men collected 1,750 in the first qualification, while Vietnam scored 1,708.
Indian Team is leading the medals tally at present:
- Deswal won the individual gold medal in the women’s 10m air rifle event.
- Chaudhary won the silver medal in men’s individual 10m air pistol final.
- Verma won the bronze medal in men’s individual 10m air pistol final.
- Deepak Kumar, Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar and Pankaj Kumar settled for silver.
- Ganemat Sekhon won the bronze medal in the women’s Skeet event.
With this, India has taken 9 medals at the ISSF World Cup 2021, 3 Gold, 3 Silver and 3 Bronze.