Tomasz Chrostny, the president of watchdog UOKiK, said in a statement that the company Allegro had favored its own online store on the platform at the expense of independent traders who offered the same or similar products, and it had broken competition rules and violated its own terms and conditions and fined it with a 206.2-million-zloty penalty. 

Allegro disagrees with the UOKiK president’s decision, maintains it does not hold a dominant position and does not favor its own store in an anticompetitive way. The company also said that 99% of sales on were carried out by independent sellers and the remaining 1% through its own store.